Saturday, 6 August 2016

Don't cry for me, Argentina...

...for we were together for mere hours!


Yup, you heard it right: my previous visit of 24 hours is still the longest to date. Today I woke up in Brazil, and - after a helluva day and four passport stamps to remember it by - I'll sleep in a Brazilian bed again. As it happened:

While celebrating having finally found THE pair of socks that matches both my trousers and my sneakers, I overheard a strange noise.


Could it be a car radio equipped with the worst tuner ever? Or some parents trying to hush their kids into submission? Or maybe - just maybe - some water pounding rocks? She Sherlock within couldn't leave the case unsolved. All I needed now was a sidekick, and plenty of worthy candidates were interviewed for the role of my personal Dr. Watson.




Eventually I settled for a ficus. What it lacked in agility, it made up for in self-confidence.


But first we swam to an island and took a nice tour just to blow off some steam. It's not easy being a green focus. (Obviously followed by a commemorating selfie.)


Then, a local leprechaun helpfully pointed us to the other end of the rainbow.


From there, just a quick train ride separated us from the final destination!


Shockingly enough, a car radio was not what we found! Instead, the largest waterfalls system in the world grew before our eyes. The ficus was speechless. Stunned. Motionless. That boludo just stood there. Such was the sheer size of this overwhelming phenomenon. The end.


2 comments:

  1. I am not sure the socks DO match your snickers though 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. stoooop showing off with your fancy socks ;-) LOVELY pics, thanks for the trip!

    ReplyDelete